The information below refers to the normal operation of GTLLI prior to Covid 19.
We have suspended regular in-person courses and are offering Video and Livestreaming lectures to your home, for Winter and Spring 2021.
1.WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING AN ACTIVE MEMBER
- Qualify for early ticket sales
- Access to ‘Members-only’ areas of this website
- An invitation to attend the AGM as a voting member
- Opportunity to volunteer for meaningful work with interesting people
2.HOW DO I BECOME AN ANNUAL ACTIVE MEMBER?
- You must register with GTLLI by creating an account and then buy a ticket for a regular course.
- Annual memberships are included with the purchase of regular course tickets, which are sold on this site.
They are not included with Founders’ tickets or videos.
- Those who buy regular course tickets are known as ‘Active Members’ for that one year.
Those who have an account but did not buy regular course tickets for the current year are not considered current members.
- To maintain an annual membership, buy a regular course ticket every year.
3.WHEN CAN I BUY A TICKET FOR A REGULAR GTLLI COURSE?
- Regular course tickets go on sale in June of each season.
How early you can buy depends on your status.
For the 2019-20 season – regular course tickets in the New Life Church are sold out. Check under Purchase Videos/Tickets for available livestreaming tickets.
- If seating is available at a lecture, a limited number of single-lecture walk-in tickets for that lecture will be available at the Registrar’s table. Walk-ins are seated after regular ticket holders.
For more information ….. click on Walk-ins
4 HOW DO I KNOW WHAT MY GTLLI STATUS IS?
- When you log into your GTLLI account, you are greeted with your name and your status.
You will be either an ‘Active Member’ or ‘Not a current member’.
Before the start of lectures in September, the registrar will manually update your annual status depending upon whether you bought a regular course ticket or not.
- If you think your status is incorrect, email firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
5.HOW DO I CREATE A GTLLI ACCOUNT? For instructions, click on ….. Creating a GTLLI account
6. HOW DO ACCOUNTS WITH ‘FAKE’ EMAIL ADDRESSES WORK?
- GTLLI recognizes you as an individual through the creation of your own personal account record – not as someone’s spouse or friend.
- The commercial computer system that we use requires every account to have a unique email address. GTLLI accounts can’t share email addresses. An email address, valid or not, identifies one particular account.
- ‘Fake’ emails were invented to allow those who normally share a household email address to be identified as individual account holders in their own right.
- YOU CANNOT use the account with the fake email address to make purchases or recover or change passwords because those things require sending receipts and confirmations to a valid email address.
- If you buy tickets for 2 people, log into and buy all tickets from the account that has the valid email address.
7.HOW DO I GET ON THE MAILING LIST?
- GTLLI does not maintain a mailing list or keep a waiting list for tickets or membership.
- To receive communication from GTLLI, you must register to create an account…….Creating a GTLLI account
8.HOW DO GTLLI AND I COMMUNICATE? ….. read more
9. OTHER THAN REGULAR COURSES, WHAT DOES GTLLI OFFER ?
- The Founders’ Lecture
To recognize its Founders GTLLI periodically invites an exceptional speaker to give an evening lecture to members of GTLLI and the public at large. Founders’ Tickets are sold on this site as well as at retail outlets in Collingwood and do not require or bestow membership….. Read more
- Videotaped Lectures
Videos of some regular courses are sold ‘On Demand’ style to anyone with a GTLLI account. They are viewable online for a limited time after purchase and do not require or bestow membership…..Video Program
10.HAVING TROUBLE WITH A GTLLI ACCOUNT?
- Creating an account?…… Click here.
- Need to Change your email address?….. Click here.
- Need to change your password?….. Click here
- Password Error or Lost your password?…. Click here.
- Locked out of your account? You have a few chances to …. Click here.
- Share an email address with a friend/spouse/partner?……. Click here
- Wondering what tickets you bought? ….. Click here.
11.WHY DO I HAVE TROUBLE BUYING A REGULAR COURSE TICKET ON MY ACCOUNT?
- When buying for your own ticket, check that you are logged in to your account.
When creating an account for someone else, you must be logged out of your own account.
- Check that your status entitles you to buy in the current sales window (See #3 and #4 above).
- Check that you logged into a GTLLI account with a valid email address.
Go to MY ACCOUNT on the main menu and click on Account Details.
If the account uses a fake email address (e.g. gtllimember+……) DO NOT BUY FROM THAT ACCOUNT. You will not receive a confirmation or a receipt.
12.WHERE DO I PURCHASE MY VIDEOS/TICKETS?
- Regular course tickets and video passes are only sold online on this website, within North America, for security reasons. If you are outside North America, ask a friend or relative to buy for you using your account and password. If they require help, email email@example.com or leave a message at 704-300-3251.
- Founders’ Lecture tickets are sold online here as well as selected retail outlets in Collingwood.
- To make a purchase, go to PURCHASE VIDEOS/TICKETS on the main menu .
That option will remain ‘locked’ if you are not logged into your account or are not eligible to purchase at that time.
13. DOES GTLLI OFFER REFUNDS?
GTLLI does not refund purchases. Re-sell privately or gift your extra ticket.
14.CAN SOMEONE ELSE BUY A TICKET FOR ME?
Maybe ….. Read more
15.HOW DO I PURCHASE AND PAY?
- Payment is made by Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit card or prepaid VISA gift card through your GTLLI account.
- For a printable explanation of what to expect while buying click on …..GTLLI REGULAR COURSE PURCHASE PROCESS V3
- The Purchase Videos/Tickets option will lead you through the process.
16. WHY DIDN’T I GET A RECEIPT?
Check your spam or junk mail file.
Check or update your email address by going to MY ACCOUNT on the main menu after logging in and click on Account Detail on the left.You will not get an order confirmation or a receipt if your GTLLI account does not have a valid email address.
Email addresses containing ‘gtllimember+’ are not valid email addresses. See #6 above.
To verify you did purchase, go to My Account/Account details and look under Orders.
17.HOW DO I GET MY TICKETS?
- For regular courses, the tickets are personalized and can be picked up with an attached lanyard at the first lecture you attend in each venue. The lanyard with ticket must be worn for entry to each lecture.
- Tickets for Founders’ Lectures are not personalized. You receive your ticket at the time of a cash sale or use your receipt as proof of purchase when you buy online.
- When you buy a video pass, that purchase is recorded on the website. When you log into your account, the website recognizes you as a video pass buyer and allows you access to that video. No physical pass is provided.
18.WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE LECTURES?
- Regular live courses are held at the New Life Church, 28 Tracey Lane, Collingwood East off Hurontario, North of Poplar Side Road, Fridays 10 am–12 pm.
- Livestreamed lectures are held in various venues. You choose the venue when you purchase the ticket. For the Spring lecture in 2020, it would be one of the Station on the Green in Creemore or the Simcoe St. Theatre in Collingwood. You will receive a reminder of your purchase and location about 2 weeks prior to the lecture. You can also log into your GTLLI account and look under Orders to see what you bought.
- If available, recorded videos of lectures are on this website 1-2 days after the live lecture …… read more.
- Founders’ Lectures are usually held at Craigleith Ski Club.
19.HOW DO I CONTROL THE VOLUME ON VIDEOS?
Volume control varies with the device you are using to view the videos.
If there are small volume bars on the control bar at the bottom of the screen, use them. The volume on the device itself (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone or TV), can also be used. Try them all and see what works for your device. Earbuds or headphones will improve the sound.