1.WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN ANNUAL GTLLI MEMBERSHIP?
- Invitation to attend the AGM as a voting member
- Opportunity to become a Volunteer
- Qualify for early ticket sales
- Receive email reminders of lectures and schedule changes
- Access to ‘Members-only’ areas of this website
2.HOW DO I BECOME AN ANNUAL MEMBER?
- Annual memberships for the 2018-19 season are included with the purchase of 2018-19 regular course tickets which are sold annually starting in June. Memberships are not included with Founders’ Lecture tickets or video passes.
3.HOW DO I GET ON THE MAILING LIST?
- GTLLI does not maintain a mailing list or keep a waiting list for tickets or membership.
- To receive communication from GTLLI, you must register to create an account.
Create an account by going to Login/Create Account on the main menu.
4.WHEN CAN I BUY VIDEOS/TICKETS ?
- Those who registered by creating a GTLLI account will receive email reminders of their start date to purchase tickets for regular courses.
- Founders’ Tickets and Video passes will be advertised on this site when available and do not require or bestow Membership.
5.WHERE DO I PURCHASE MY VIDEOS/TICKETS?
- To make a purchase, go to PURCHASE VIDEOS/TICKETS on the main menu above
- PURCHASE VIDEOS/TICKETS will remain ‘locked’ if you are not logged into your account or are not eligible to purchase at that time
- GTLLI does not refund purchases. Re-sell privately or gift your extra ticket.
6. CAN SOMEONE ELSE BUY A TICKET FOR ME?
Anyone may buy Founders’ Lecture tickets for others.
Video lecture passes must be bought by the person who plans to view them. You log in to your GTLLI account to view them.
Yes – For regular courses – Perspectives, Fall, Winter, Spring
During the sales window limited to Members –
Members may purchase 2 tickets, one with their name and one for another current Member. There is a limit of 2 tickets per course. Both must be Members. You will be asked to select the name of the other member from a list of active members.
When sales are open to non-members – there is a limit of 2 tickets per person per course, but no membership requirement.
7.HOW DO I PURCHASE AND PAY?
- Payment is made by credit card or VISA gift card through your GTLLI account.
- For a detailed explanation of the buying process click on …..purchase process
- The Purchase Videos/Tickets option will also lead you through the process.
8.HOW DO I GET MY TICKETS?
- For regular courses, the entire season’s tickets are personalized and can be picked up with an attached lanyard at the first lecture you attend. The lanyard with ticket must be worn for entry to each lecture.
- Tickets for Founders’ Lectures are not personalized. You receive your ticket at the time of a cash sale or use your receipt as proof of purchase when you buy online.
- When you buy a video pass, that purchase is recorded on the website. When you log into your account, the website recognizes you as a video pass buyer and allows you access to that video. No physical pass is provided.
9.HOW DO GTLLI AND I COMMUNICATE?
- You can check this website’s HOME page for program changes.
- GTLLI send you emails and receipts if we know your correct email address. It must be a valid unique email address.
- Add the following addresses to your address book or contact list to prevent those emails from being identified as JUNK or SPAM.
email@example.com, Info@gtlli.ca, Videoinfo@gtlli.ca
- You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or leave a message at GTLLI at 705 300-3251
or use Contact Us
10.WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE LECTURES?
Regular courses are held at the New Life Church, 28 Tracey Lane, Collingwood East off Hurontario, North of Poplar Side Road, Fridays 10 am–12 pm.
If available, recorded videos of lectures are on this website 1-2 days after the live lecture …… read more.
Founders’ Lectures are usually held at Craigleith Ski Club.
11. HOW DO I CONTROL THE VOLUME ON VIDEOS?
Volume control varies with the device you are using to view the videos.
If there are small volume bars on the control bar at the bottom of the screen, use them. The volume on the device itself (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone or TV), can also be used. Try them all and see what works for your device. Earbuds or headphones will improve the sound.