1. HOW DOES GTLLI DELIVER LECTURES?
- During Covid times –
Livestreamed courses are being delivered by the lecturer from their personal computers with no in-person audience.
You can watch them livestreamed to your own personal device (computers, tablets, phones, smart TVs) on Friday mornings.
Recorded Videos of lectures are viewable online for a limited time after purchase…Video Program
- Before Covid –
Live courses were presented in the venue with the largest seating capacity available to us.
Livestreamed courses were presented at the same time in additional venues in the community.
Recorded videos of courses were available online for a limited time.
- The Founders’ Lectures – suspended until further notice.
To recognize its Founders GTLLI periodically invites an exceptional speaker to give an evening lecture to members of GTLLI and the public at large.
2. HOW DO I GET ON THE MAILING LIST?
GTLLI does not maintain a mailing list or keep a waiting list.
To receive communication from GTLLI, you must register to create an account…….Creating a GTLLI account
3. WHEN CAN I BUY A GTLLI COURSE?
For the duration of the 2020-21 season, courses are available only via livestreaming and video.
The Winter and Spring series for 2021 are currently for sale on this website.
- Livestreamed courses are available on specified dates.
- Videos are available until the end of June 2021.
- See the schedule under Resources and Videos on the main menu above.
4. HOW DO I CREATE A GTLLI ACCOUNT? For instructions, click on ….. Creating a GTLLI account
5. HOW DO ACCOUNTS WITH ‘FAKE’ EMAIL ADDRESSES WORK?
- GTLLI recognizes you as an individual through the creation of your own personal account record – not as someone’s spouse or friend.
- The commercial computer system that we use requires every account to have a unique email address. GTLLI accounts can’t share email addresses. An email address, valid or not, identifies one particular account.
- ‘Fake’ emails were invented to allow those who normally share a household email address to be identified as individual account holders in their own right.
- YOU CANNOT use the account with the fake email address to make purchases or recover or change passwords because those things require sending receipts and confirmations to a valid email address.
- If you buy tickets for 2 people, log into and buy all tickets from the account that has the valid email address.
6. HOW DO GTLLI AND I COMMUNICATE? ….. read more
7. HAVING TROUBLE WITH A GTLLI ACCOUNT?
- Creating an account?…… Click here.
- Need to Change your email address?….. Click here.
- Need to change your password?….. Click here
- Password Error or Lost your password?…. Click here.
- Locked out of your account? You have a few chances to …. Click here.
- Share an email address with a friend/spouse/partner?……. Click here
- Wondering what tickets you bought? ….. Click here.
8. WHY DO I HAVE TROUBLE BUYING A COURSE ON MY ACCOUNT?
- When buying your own course, check that you are logged in to your account.
When creating an account for someone else, you must be logged out of your own account.
- Check that you logged into a GTLLI account with a valid email address.
Go to MY ACCOUNT on the main menu and click on Account Details.
If the account uses a fake email address (e.g. gtllimember+……) DO NOT BUY FROM THAT ACCOUNT. You will not receive a confirmation or a receipt.
9. WHERE DO I PURCHASE COURSES?
- Courses are only sold online on this website, within North America, for security reasons. If you are outside North America, ask a friend or relative to buy for you using your account and password. If they require help, email email@example.com or leave a message at 704-300-3251.
- Founders’ Lecture tickets, when available, are sold online here as well as selected retail outlets in Collingwood.
- To make a purchase, go to PURCHASE VIDEOS/TICKETS on the main menu .
That option will remain ‘locked’ if you are not logged into your account or are not eligible to purchase at that time.
10. DOES GTLLI OFFER REFUNDS?
GTLLI does not refund purchases. Re-sell privately or gift your extra ticket.
11. CAN SOMEONE ELSE BUY A COURSE FOR ME?
NO – for Videos and courses livestreamed to personal devices (computer, tablet, phone, smart TV).
Viewing is only accessible through non-transferable Video passes in the account of the buyer.
YES – for live presentations and courses streamed to additional venues.
You must both be members.
Since these locations have limited seating, personalized tickets are required for admission.
Members may purchase 1 or 2 tickets, one with their name and one for a companion who must also be a member.
You will be asked to select the name of the other member (companion) from a list of registered members.
12. HOW DO I PURCHASE AND PAY?
- Payment is made by Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit card or prepaid VISA gift card through your GTLLI account.
- The Purchase Videos/Tickets option will lead you through the process.
13. WHY DIDN’T I GET A RECEIPT?
Check your spam or junk mail file.
Check or update your email address by going to MY ACCOUNT on the main menu after logging in and click on Account Detail on the left. You will not get an order confirmation or a receipt if your GTLLI account does not have a valid email address.
Email addresses containing ‘gtllimember+’ are not valid email addresses. See #3 above.
To verify you did purchase, go to My Account/Account details and look under Orders.
14. HOW DO I GET MY TICKETS?
- For in-person courses, the tickets are personalized and can be picked up with an attached lanyard at the first lecture you attend at the venue you selected. The lanyard with ticket must be worn for entry to each lecture.
- Tickets for Founders’ Lectures are not personalized. You receive your ticket at the time of a cash sale or use your receipt as proof of purchase when you buy online.
- When you buy a video pass, that purchase is recorded on the website. When you log into your account, the website recognizes you as a video pass buyer and allows you access to that video. No physical pass is provided.
15. WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE LECTURES?
- Live lectures (pre-Covid ) were held at the New Life Church, 28 Tracey Lane, Collingwood East off Hurontario, North of Poplar Side Road, Fridays 10 am–12 pm.
- Livestreamed lectures (pre-Covid) were presented on Friday mornings in various venues You choose the venue when you purchase the ticket. You will receive a reminder of your purchase and location about 2 weeks prior to the lecture. You can also log into your GTLLI account and look under Orders to see what you bought.
- During Covid, lectures are being offered livestreamed to your personal device and as recorded videos.
If available, the videos of lectures are on this website 2 days after the live lecture …… read more.
- Founders’ Lectures are usually held at Craigleith Ski Club.
16. HOW DO I CONTROL THE VOLUME ON VIDEOS?
Volume control varies with the device you are using to view the videos.
If there are small volume bars on the control bar at the bottom of the screen, use them. The volume on the device itself (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone or TV), can also be used. Try them all and see what works for your device. Earbuds or headphones will improve the sound.