The Basics –
- For security reasons, the website is only accessible in North America. If you are abroad, ask a friend to buy for you using your account and password.
- You must be eligible to buy at the time of purchase.
- An Active Member is one who holds a regular course ticket in the 2019 -20 season.
- You must have a valid email address.
- You may buy 1 or 2 tickets for each regular course.
- You do not HAVE to buy for yourself. You can buy for a companion only.
- Your companion does not have to be the same for all courses. Each course ticket will be personalized.
- All your tickets can be bought in one sales transaction or multiple transactions. They do not all HAVE to be bought at the same time.
- You may purchase a video at the same time as regular courses.
HOW TO BUY A REGULAR COURSE TICKET
1.Go to MY ACCOUNT on the main menu and log in. Do not buy from an account with a fake email address.
2. KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO BUY and for whom.
Online sales programs limit how long they will wait for you mid-sale to make up your mind or find your wallet.
HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD ready. GTLLI uses STRIPE (at no cost to you) to manage every transaction.
3.EMPTY YOUR CART before you begin to buy.
Click on the cart icon on the main menu above to look into your shopping cart.
If it is not empty, empty it now by clicking on the X beside any item you wish to cancel.
4. RETURN TO SHOP. This will take you back to the main menu to the PURCHASE page.
5. CHOOSE ONE ITEM AT A TIME by clicking on the one you want to buy.
At any time, if you become confused about where to go next, click on your cart icon to return there and continue on.
6. BUYING FOR YOURSELF AND/OR A COMPANION?
Check off who the ticket is for – one of you or both of you.
a) Buying for yourself?
When you choose ‘yourself’, the system knows your name and will put it on your ticket.
The system will refuse to take ‘yourself’ if you already have a ticket for the course.
b) Buying for a companion?
If you choose ‘companion’, you must tell the system who that is. Their ticket will be personalized with their name.
The companion ticket can only be bought for others who have an account, are eligible at that time, and don’t already have that ticket.
When sales are open to the public, anyone may buy for anyone with an account.
Your companion must be named for each course. Enter your companion’s last name and SEARCH. The name must match what is on your companion’s GTLLI account. eg. is it Bob or Robert? Is it McLean or MacLean? Try just the last name. Try the first name. When the correct name appears, choose your companion by first ADD ing the companion’s name and then ADD again to the cart.
If the search is not successful, your companion may not be eligible to get a ticket at that time.
If you believe that is an error, email email@example.com or leave a message at 705 300-3251.
7. CONTINUE SHOPPING after each item.
8. BEFORE you PROCEED verify that the items in your cart are correct. You can delete any item by clicking on the X.
If you are NOT ready to check out, go to Purchase Videos/Tickets OR click on your cart icon and continue from there.
9. When you are ready…… PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
The name in the BILLING INFORMATION SHOULD MATCH THE NAME ON THE ACCOUNT YOU ARE LOGGED INTO.
10. Continue on through PAY VIA STRIPE and then enter your credit card information. You will be asked for the expiry date, the code number on the back of the card, and your postal code (Postcode). then PAY CA$...
11. When you are ready, PLACE THE ORDER.
12. You will get an order CONFIRMATION almost immediately.
13. PICK UP YOUR TICKETS
Personalized tickets for all your regular courses will be available at the Registrar’s desk at the first lecture you attend at that venue. There are no physical tickets for videos. When the video becomes available, log into MY ACCOUNT and look under Video Passes.